Subject: perl script for xbase/SAS

From: "Gilbert Ramirez Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 1996 18:48:04 -0600 (CST)

Tim,

I would like to offer a pair of my scripts for the CPAN
modules/dbperl/scripts/xbase subdirectory. I talked to Andreas Koenig, and
he told me to try to find the best subdirectory for my scripts and talk to the
people there.

My 'dbf2txt' and 'txt2dbf' scripts are related to the
DBASE.and.SAS.files.parsing script in the above directory.

dbf2txt takes a dBase IV dbf (Foxpro) and spits out a fixed-format ASCII
file.  It also creates SAS code that can either:

	1) let you use the ASCII file directly in your SAS code, or 
	2) conver the ASCII file into a native SAS dataset.

The scripts are Perl 4 and don't take advantage of the xbase.pm module
currently avalable for Perl 5 on CPAN.

My scripts can be found in:

ftp://merece.uthscsa.edu/pub/users/gram/db/dbf2txt-1.0.tar.gz

Thanks,

--gilbert

______________________________________________________________________
Gilbert Ramirez Jr.                     [email-masked]
University of Texas                     http://merece.uthscsa.edu/gram
Health Science Center at San Antonio    University Health System (TDI)